Meredith L. Markwell
Meredith L. Markwell received her undergraduate degree from Claremont McKenna College and her Juris Doctorate from UC Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law. Meredith was a commercial litigator at Lionel Sawyer & Collins, which was one of the largest law firms in Nevada. Meredith specializes in complex commercial litigation, with a focus on appellate work and complex business disputes. She has appeared regularly before the Eighth Judicial District Court and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, and has also briefed and argued matters before the Supreme Court of Nevada. As a dedicated member to the community, Meredith provided pro bono work for Legal Aid’s Ask-A-Lawyer program and volunteered with the Trial By Peer program. Meredith was also a member of the Howard McKibben Chapter of the American Inns or Court.
- Clark County Legal Services 2005 Pro Bono Project Award Recipient
- Clark County Law Foundation, Trial by Peers Program, 2012 Most Dedicated New Senior Attorney
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- Doing Business In Nevada, 4th Ed. (2012), Anti-Trust Law Chapter
- Consipio Holding, BV v. Carlberg, 128 Nev. Adv. Op. 43, 282 P.3d 751 (2012). This was a key Nevada case, briefed and argued by Ms. Markwell in front of the Nevada Supreme Court en banc, that established when Nevada courts can obtain personal jurisdiction over nonresident directors of Nevada corporations.