Jennifer L. Braster
Prior to forming Naylor & Braster with John Naylor, Jennifer worked as a commercial litigator at Pisanelli Bice, a premier commercial litigation boutique firm in Las Vegas, and also Lionel Sawyer & Collins, one of Las Vegas’ largest law firms. Jennifer obtained a wide-range of litigation experience at both these firms. She has appeared regularly before both the Eighth Judicial District Court and United States District Court for Nevada, arguing a wide range of motions, and has both first-chair and second-chair trial experience. Jennifer has achieved seven-figure judgments in her clients’ favor. Jennifer has briefed several matters to both the Nevada Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has represented clients in a variety of business conflicts, including high-stakes partnership disputes and in both property and construction disputes.
- Nevada Business Magazine – Legal Elite 2017
- 2015 NAWBO Women of Distinction Rising Star Award winner
- Vegas, Inc. – Women 2 Watch 2015 honoree
- Nevada Business Magazine – Legal Elite 2015
- Desert Companion – Top Lawyer in Commercial Law 2014
- Nevada Business Magazine – Southern Nevada’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Nevada Business Magazine – 20 Best Up & Coming Attorneys
- Mountain States Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Co-founder of Women’s Business Council
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Howard D. McKibben Inn of Court
- Founding Member of the Animal Law Section of the State Bar of Nevada, current Treasurer
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- William D. Goren, ESQ and Jennifer L. Braster “Ins and Outs of Nevada’s Service Animal Law”, Nevada Lawyer, (November 2016)
- J. Braster, “Nevada Becomes the Second State in the Country to Offer Research Animals a Second Chance,” Communiqué (September 2015)
- J. Braster, “Expert Testimony in the Wake of Hallmark and Higgs – Has the Supreme Court of Nevada Adopted Daubert?,” Communiqué (January 2011).
- J. Naylor & J. Braster, Chapter 32: Nevada Bond and Lien Law, NEVADA CIVIL PRACTICE MANUAL (2010, 2013).
- Kathy McCarthy & Jennifer L. Braster, An Overview of Animal Law in Nevada, NEVADA LAWYER (Dec. 2011) at 6.
- Jennifer Braster, Presentation on the recent SFR Investments Pool 1, LLC v. U.S. Bank, N.A. decision involving superpriority of HOA liens, before the Professional Women’s Council of Southern Nevada, October 2014
- Jennifer Braster, Animal Law Legislative Update 2013 Webinar CLE
- Jennifer Braster and Nathan Sosa, Animal Law Legislative Update 2011 Webinar CLE
- Greg Smith, Malani Kotchka, Greg Gemignani, and Jennifer Braster, Breakfast Briefing: Employee Non-Compete Agreements, Lionel Sawyer &Collins (July 15, 2009)
- Linda M. Bullen and Jennifer L. Braster, Environmental Issues in Real Estate Transactions, State Bar of Nevada (August 24-25, 2006)
- Del Webb Communities, Inc. v. Partington, 652 F.3d 1145 (9th Cir. 2011)